- Prep Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 30 min
- Serves: 8 people
Why is it delicious?
Cranberries are packed with antioxidants which make them a healthy snack for anyone. These sugared cranberries are so festive and can be made in an instant. The sweetness of the sugar pairs with the cherries’ tartness to pack your tastebuds with flavor. Since they are in season, cherries taste their very best and will for sure please your crowd. You’ll have to hide them before they’re all gone!
Why is it Zero Food Waste?
The best part of this recipe is there will be nothing going to waste. All of your cranberries will be used in this recipe. Since sugar is a staple in most kitchens, you won’t have to throw anything away.
Food storage tip
The fridge is the best place to store cranberries. They can be kept in their original packaging or an airtight container.
Cranberries can be used in a variety of sweet and savoury recipes. Use extra cranberries to make a homemade cranberry sauce or jelly that can be stirred into cream cheese or mixed into baking.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar in the raw (separated)
- 3 cups cranberries
- First, heat 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water till you reach a boil then turn off the heat (you will have simple syrup).
- Cover your cranberries in the simple syrup mixture for about 5–10 minutes. While they are coating, set up a baker’s rack and a bowl of sugar.
- Next, spoon and drain your cranberries from the mixture in small batches and spoon them around in the sugar bowl until evenly coated.
- Let them cool on the baker’s rack for about 20 minutes to let them harden. Once hardened enjoy your sweet snack or put them in an air-tight container and store them in the fridge for your next party.
Are you a hotel or restaurant in Canada willing to reduce food costs to improve your bottom line? Or you want more recipes?
Check out Rethink2gether’s blog!