- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 25 min
- Serves: 4 people
Why is it delicious?
Fall gives us an abundance of pumpkins. While our kids are carving out the inside to make artwork, we take them and make pumpkin pie! Unfortunately, the seeds are often left behind and tossed in the trash. We are here to tell you that those are edible too! Pumpkin seeds are packed with healthy fats, protein, and micro-nutrients. With a few extra ingredients, roasted pumpkin seeds make a great snack for everyone!
Why is it Zero Food Waste?
Roasted pumpkin seeds can be stored in an airtight container for about two weeks. If you want to save them longer, their shelf life lasts up to two months in the fridge!
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Set the oven to 350º F (177º C).
- If you removed the pumpkin seeds from your pumpkin, be sure to rinse the seeds of all the fibrous material from the pumpkin with water and dry them completely before moving to step 3.
- Transfer the seeds to a mixing bowl and add all ingredients to the bowl and coat evenly.
- Lastly, place the seeds on a roasting pan and toss them in the oven for about 12- 15 minutes. To be sure they are all browning, turn them over every 5 minutes.
5. Let them cool and enjoy!
Are you a hotel or restaurant in Canada willing to reduce food costs to improve your bottom line? Or you want more recipes?
Check out Rethink2gether’s blog!