- Prep Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 60 min
- Serves: 8 people
Why is it delicious?
Candied oranges are perfect for a sweet treat or a decorative plate garnish. The citrus and dark chocolate notes blend perfectly, and the chewiness will make you feel like you’re eating candy! So simple and so beautiful it will sure to please the crowd.
Food Storage Tip
Store your oranges on the countertop till ripened, then store in the fridge to make them last!
Why is it Zero Food Waste?
This recipe calls for the entire orange! There is no need to waste the peels for they are an important part of the recipe.
- 2–3 oranges
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, or 3–4 pods, crushed
- 2 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Thoroughly wash the oranges. Slice them into 1/2 cm thick slices.
- Add the oranges, water, sugar, and spices to a saucepan. Simmer on medium-low heat for 50–60 minutes.
- Store the leftover syrup in a jar, and add it to cocktails, coffee and teas. Transfer the orange slices on a wire rack and allow them to dry in a cool spot for a few hours.
- 4. Dust with granulated sugar, drizzle melted chocolate, sprinkle dried flowers on top, and serve.
Are you a hotel or restaurant in Canada willing to reduce food costs to improve your bottom line? Or you want more recipes?
Check out Rethink2gether’s blog!