- Prep Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 min
- Serves: 4 people
Why is it delicious?
Most people see squash at the grocery store and get intimidated because of its size and shape. They might wonder what to do with it. Luckily, we are here to tell you there are so many ways to cook butternut squash. The easiest and most delicious way is to make it into a creamy soup!
Food Storage Tip
Save any leftover scraps and save them for your zero-waste vegetable broth.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 chopped white onion
- 1 chopped carrot
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 medium butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- -Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by heating up a large pot and melting down the butter.
- Once the butter is melted, start to cook your frozen vegetables for about 5 minutes. Then pour in your vegetable stock.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer and cover. Simmer until all vegetables are tender (about 40 minutes).
- Transfer the soup into a blender and blend until you get a smooth creamy consistency. Once desired consistency is reached, serve, season, and top with your choice of seed or sour cream.
Are you a hotel or restaurant in Canada willing to reduce food costs to improve your bottom line? Or you want more recipes?
Check out Rethink2gether’s blog!